- Videos must clearly show the student and provide a clear view of the keyboard, hands, and feet. A tripod for your recording device will likely be necessary and can easily be purchased from online merchants.
- You may use any recording device you wish. Smartphones generally have better cameras than tablets or laptops.
- Your performance will be graded based on your playing ability, not the quality of the video. That being said, having clear video and audio with good fidelity will help your performance shine through.
- Videos must be whole, uninterrupted takes with no distractions or background noise. You may of course record as many takes as you like and send the best one.
- Post-Production (Splicing, Editing, etc.) of the video or audio is strictly forbidden.
- If your repertoire includes multiple pieces, then these may be recorded separately, however they must all be submitted together.
Submitting your Videos
You have two options for submitting your videos. You may upload them to YouTube and email us the links. Alternatively, you can upload your videos directly to us via our WeTransfer account. In either case, scanned copies of your sheet music must also be included.
YouTube Video Submission
- When uploading your videos to YouTube, be sure to select “Unlisted” under the “Visibility” settings.
- The title of the video should contain the contestant’s name, title of the song, and composer.
- After all of your videos have been uploaded to YouTube, place the links inside a single email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scanned copies of your sheet music must be attached to this email as well, preferably in PDF format.
- The subject of this email must contain the student’s name and level, as well as the name of their teacher.
WeTransfer Video Submission
- Please edit the filenames of the videos so that they contain the student’s name, title of the song, and composer.
- Visit https://littlechopin.wetransfer.com and add all of your videos to the transfer.
- Scanned copies of your sheet music must be added to the transfer as well, preferably in PDF format.
- For the Title, please provide the student’s name and level, as well as the name of their teacher.